High School Youth Group
Youth are important! It is very simple, Saint Michael and the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) believes that the high school youth in the church are not the “church of tomorrow”, but rather the church yesterday, today, and tomorrow. This is an age and stage specific ministry that gives the whole church family life.
In Jesus we are called into community at each age of life. Within this community, we wish to create a safe, engaging, and educational atmosphere for the high school youth. High School Youth Group is the beginning of being mature disciples of Christ in the church family. As teens begin this new stage on the faith journey, Saint Michael’s wants to equip them with resources of: education, guidance, love, and adults of other ages that will mentor their growth in faith.
High School Summer 2017 Servant Trip to Oaks Indian Mission
The summer youth servant trip will be to Oaks Indian Mission in Oaks, Oklahoma. The trip will take place from Sunday, June 25 through Friday, June 30, 2017. Oaks Indian Mission is a ministry of the ELCA that serves the Cherokee Nation of Peoples. This trip will be focus on service physically, spiritually, and relationally. This trip will be a chance to be part of a very distinct community.
Youth Sunday July 2, 2017
Contact Hannah in the church office for more information.
Activities Each Week
- Pie & Pondering: Are you interested in having conversations about faith in the world? Have you ever read the Bible and wondered what it was saying? Do you like Pie? All high school youth are invited to Village Inn (138th and Maple) on Wednesday nights from 8-9pm to eat some pie and ponder together about faith and the Bible. Bring yourself and a friend.
- When: Wednesdays @ 8-9 p.m.
- Where: Village Inn – 138th & Maple
- Forum: All high school youth are invited for forum! Forum is held each week in the upstairs new addition for some gathering time between services. All are welcome!
- When: Sunday from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Where: New addition upper area
- Panera Forum: We will be meeting at Saint Michael at 9:30 a.m. to carpool over to Panera off 132nd and Maple. Parents are needed to help with transportation. Forum will continue as normal in the upstairs youth area the following Sunday.
- When: 3rd Sunday of each month from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Where: Panera (132nd & Maple)
At Saint Michael, we not only encourage regular worship attendance for our senior high youth, but we also equip our youth to lead in a number of ways as Greeters, Ushers, Lectors (Readers), Communion Assistants, and Assisting Ministers.