Middle school & confirmation
Middle School Forum
Middle School Forum is for 6th – 8th graders. It follows our Confirmation curriculum, but it is open to anyone who wishes to join. Forum is held in the upstairs Youth Area from 9:30-10:30 a.m. each Sunday and follows the Sunday School schedule.
We believe that Confirmation is the fulfillment of promises made in Baptism. In partnership with parents, youth, and the whole faith community; Saint Michael strives to prepare and support youth for a life’s journey in Christian Faith. We believe that Confirmation is a relationship. It is a commitment of the whole family to grow together, support, and encourage one another to trust in a God who loves us, cares for us and forgives us.
The Confirmation Program at Saint Michael consists of a three-year commitment to education times, worship, service, and fellowship. This year, the confirmation students are studying the stories of the Old Testament. If you would like to learn more about St. Michael’s Confirmation Program, please contact the church office.
Confirmation classes take place on Wednesday nights from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Bronstad Education Area. Confirmation is an important part of the churches ministry to educate and bring to life faith for the youth.
Please contact Bogart if you have any questions!
Class time will be lead by Pastor Tim. The topic is the Apostles Creed. Part 1.
We will also use small group time to finish preparations for the Mosaic Halloween Party on Wednesday, October 24.
6-6:15 p.m.: Service project will be the 6 Green and 8 Black Groups with Jody. We started these in week 5. Jody asked for a small group to help tidy up the sanctuary and small group time seems to work well.
Urban Air Friday on Friday, Oct. 19 from 9-11 p.m. $20
15364 Weir St (156/Q in the old Bakers grocery store) @ 9 p.m. this Friday, Oct. 19. Bring $20. That covers entrance into ALL areas of the Facility and a new pair of socks. Bogart will be there by 8:45 p.m. to get us this group rate. Please sign off on the waiver before you come or walk in with an adult and sign off inside the Facility. Here is the link…We will play til close at 11 p.m.:
Look for the sign “the waiver bar”.
Mosaic Halloween Party Wednesday Oct. 24
No regular class, Just a party in your Halloween costume!!!
Meet at church as close to 6 p.m. as possible! (We still need some drivers!)
We leave at 6 p.m. to carpool from church to Mosaic J Workshop (10011 J St near 102 and J)
When we arrive, we will set up decorations and food and start games with the Mosaic folks from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
We will leave Mosaic at 7:30 p.m. and be back to church by 8 p.m. Parents will pick up at church.
- Early bird discount code is : Earlybird
- First time discount code is : halfoff
- We will be at Springs June 9-14, 2018
- Sign up here: www.caroljoyholling.org/register
- Early Bird Registration is open til Jan 1, 2019, then it goes away….
Here is an early bird link below for next summer’s session:
Saint Michael goes to the Springs during Week 2
(June 9-14, 2019). New for 2019 is that first timers get half off for the week! I don’t have a list yet of who went last year. We do ask that each youth go for at least one week in either the summer after 6th, 7th, or 8th grade school year.
Saint Michael uses a 1/3rd rule for camp. Out of the $405:
- Families pay $135
- Church pays $135
- We fundraise the other $135 (Pastor Tim can double check me on Hannah’s notes on that).
The deposit is usually $150. We will figure out the $15 difference as we go along! If $$$ is an issue…do not worry. Camp has many ways to scholarship partials or all. Their policy is that NO child shall miss out on camp. I have been taking kids to Carol Joy from 3 different churches and we can always figure out something.
Why go to Camp? It is the ultimate bonding experience to show a Faith filled life and how that life plays out for each camper within the context of Life in the Church and how to care for each other in the best possible way. Yes, Camp weeks change lives. I worked on 11 different summer staffs before I came to Nebraska and like Hannah, I am a camp lifer.
Returning campers are welcome as well!
Get signed up as soon as possible as Saint Michael cannot reserve spots, each camper signs up for Week 2.
Here is the confirmation schedule for 2018-19. Please contact Pastor Tim or Bogart if you have any questions!
- August 29, 2018: Parent Meeting Night
- September 5: Martin Luther & the Reformation
- September 12: Commandments Part 1
- September 19: Commandments Part 2
- September 26: Commandments Part 3
- October 3: Law + Gospel & Sinner + Saint
- October 10: Love of Neighbor
- October 17: Creed Article 1
- October 24: Service – Mosaic Halloween Party
- October 31: **No Class – Enjoy Halloween**
- November 7: Creed Article 2
- November 14: Creed Article 3
- November 21: **Thanksgiving Service**
- November 28: The Lord’s Prayer Part 1
- December 5: The Lord’s Prayer Part 2
- December 12: The Lord’s Prayer Part 3
- December 19: Christmas Party!
- Christmas Break until Jan. 9, 2019
- Wednesdays 6-7:30 p.m. beginning Jan. 9, 2019
- March 6-April 19: participate in Lent activities
- April 20: Easter Vigil
- May 1: yearly review
- May 8: Fellowship Picnic and Garden Planting
- May 11: 5:30 p.m.: Affirmation of Baptism for 8th Grade