Middle school & confirmation
Middle School Forum
Middle School Forum is for 6th – 8th graders. It follows our Confirmation curriculum, but it is open to anyone who wishes to join. Forum is held in the upstairs Youth Area from 9:30-10:30 a.m. each Sunday and follows the Sunday School schedule.
We believe that Confirmation is the fulfillment of promises made in Baptism. In partnership with parents, youth, and the whole faith community; Saint Michael strives to prepare and support youth for a life’s journey in Christian Faith. We believe that Confirmation is a relationship. It is a commitment of the whole family to grow together, support, and encourage one another to trust in a God who loves us, cares for us and forgives us.
The Confirmation Program at Saint Michael consists of a three-year commitment to education times, worship, service, and fellowship. This year, the confirmation students are studying the stories of the Old Testament. If you would like to learn more about St. Michael’s Confirmation Program, please contact the church office.
Confirmation classes take place on Wednesday nights from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Bronstad Education Area. Confirmation is an important part of the churches ministry to educate and bring to life faith for the youth.
Please contact Francis if you have any questions!
- Wed. February 13: Lesson: Prayer and Forgiveness
- Sat. February 16: 8th grade retreat February 17th at Saint Michael.
- Wed. February 20: Lesson: Saved by Grace through Faith
- Wed. February 27: Lesson: Theologians of the cross?
- Wed. March 6 – April 21: Lent and Holy Week activities
- Sun April 7: Faith project presentations at adult forum (8th grade)
- Sun April 21: Faith project presentations at adult forum (8th grade)
- Wed. April 24th: Field Trip: Tri-Faith Community (We will need parents to drive)
- Sun. April 28: Faith project presentations at adult forum (8th grade)
- Wed. May 1: Picnic and last day for 6-7 grade (take-home final exam prep for 8th grade)
- Wed. May 8th: Final Exam and rehearsal for 8th grade
- Sat. May 11th: 5:30 pm worship with Affirmation of Baptism.
Here is the confirmation schedule for 2018-19. Please contact Pastor Tim or Bogart if you have any questions!
- August 29, 2018: Parent Meeting Night
- September 5: Martin Luther & the Reformation
- September 12: Commandments Part 1
- September 19: Commandments Part 2
- September 26: Commandments Part 3
- October 3: Law + Gospel & Sinner + Saint
- October 10: Love of Neighbor
- October 17: Creed Article 1
- October 24: Service – Mosaic Halloween Party
- October 31: **No Class – Enjoy Halloween**
- November 7: Creed Article 2
- November 14: Creed Article 3
- November 21: **Thanksgiving Service**
- November 28: The Lord’s Prayer Part 1
- December 5: The Lord’s Prayer Part 2
- December 12: The Lord’s Prayer Part 3
- December 19: Christmas Party!
- Christmas Break until Jan. 9, 2019
- Wednesdays 6-7:30 p.m. beginning Jan. 9, 2019
- March 6-April 19: participate in Lent activities
- April 20: Easter Vigil
- May 1: yearly review
- May 8: Fellowship Picnic and Garden Planting
- May 11: 5:30 p.m.: Affirmation of Baptism for 8th Grade