Middle school & confirmation
Middle School Forum
Middle School Forum is for 6th – 8th graders. It follows our Confirmation curriculum, but it is open to anyone who wishes to join. Forum is held in the upstairs Youth Area from 9:30-10:30 a.m. each Sunday and follows the Sunday School schedule.
We believe that Confirmation is the fulfillment of promises made in Baptism. In partnership with parents, youth, and the whole faith community; Saint Michael strives to prepare and support youth for a life’s journey in Christian Faith. We believe that Confirmation is a relationship. It is a commitment of the whole family to grow together, support, and encourage one another to trust in a God who loves us, cares for us and forgives us.
The Confirmation Program at Saint Michael consists of a three-year commitment to education times, worship, service, and fellowship. This year, the confirmation students are studying the stories of the Old Testament. If you would like to learn more about St. Michael’s Confirmation Program, please Contact Hannah deFreese at 402-493-2871.
Confirmation classes take place on Wednesday nights from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Bronstad Education Area. Confirmation is an important part of the churches ministry to educate and bring to life faith for the youth. If you have any question, please contact Hannah deFreese at 402-493-2871.
Click here to download the assignments for November. Please contact Hannah if you have any questions!
November 8: Sending the 70
Read Matthew 8:18-22; Luke 10:1-16No Memory Work
November 15: Healing & Zacchaeus
Read Luke 19:1-11Memory Work Luke 19-10 “For the Son of Man came to seek out and to save the lost.”
November 22: No Class – Thanksgiving Worship at 7 p.m.
Eat Lots of FOOD!
November 29: The Good Samaritan
December 6: Parables of the Lost & Found
Read Luke 10:25-37Memory Work Luke 10:27 “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”
Here is the confirmation schedule for 2017-2018. Please contact Hannah if you have any questions!
- August 30 Un-Complicating the Bible
- September 6 The Birth of Jesus
- September 13 The Magi/Simeon & Anna
- September 20 Topic Night: Parents & Confirmands
- September 27 The Wilderness Temptation
- October 4 Jesus’ Sermon/The Disciples
- October 11 The Beatitudes
- October 18 Feeding the Five Thousand
- October 25 Fellowship – Halloween Party
- November 1 The Transfiguration
- November 8 The Sending of the 70
- November 15 Healing & Zacchaeus
- November 22 No Class – Thanksgiving Service
- November 29 The Good Samaritan
- December 6 Parables of Lost and Found
- December 13 Rich Man/Lazarus/Sheep/Goats
- December 20 Fellowship – Christmas Party
- December 27 No Class – Christmas
- January 3, 2018 Parable of the Vineyard
- January 10 Last Supper
- January 17 Crucifixion
- January 24 Resurrection
- January 31 Topic Night: Parents & Confirmands
- February 7 Road to Emmaus
- February 14 Ash Wednesday
- February 14 – April 1 Lent
- April 4 Pentecost/Baptism of the Ethiopian
- April 11 Philippians Hymns/Love Hymns
- April 1 Call of Saul/Paul & Resurrection
- April 25 Book of Revelations
- May 2 Final Test
- May 9 Fellowship – Picnic