Lent + Easter 2023
Join Saint Michael Lutheran Church for a season of focus on “Flawed Yet Faithful”.
How we’re giving during Lent
Click to learn more about San Andres!
Food Pantry donations
During the season of Lent, we are collecting items and funds in support of the food pantry at San Andres Iglesia Luterana. This is one of the Synod’s Mission Field Nebraska sites, located just a block or so from Omaha South High School. More information about what to donate will be coming soon!
- Pancakes: 5:30-6:30p
- Burning of the Ashes + Burying the Alleluias: 6:45p
Brief Service: 12-12:30p
- Ashes on the Go: 7-11a
- Throughout the morning, you can drive through the upper parking lot near the main doors to receive ashes from your vehicle.
- Brief Service of the Word with Ashes: 12-12:30p
- Traditional Ash Worship Service: 7p
Holden Evening Prayer
Soup Supper: 5:30-6:45p
Bell Choir + Children’s choir rehearsal: 6:10-6:50p
Holden Evening Prayer: 7-7:30p
Adult Choir Rehearsal: 7:45-9p
Wednesdays March 1-29
- Season of Focus: Flawed Yet Faithful. Each Wednesday, characters from the Hebrew Bible teach us something about our journey of faith today.
- Weekly Soup Suppers
March 1: Holden Evening Prayer
Text: Genesis 27:41-45, 33:12
Theme: Separations are not permanent: Reflection on Jacob and Esau.
March 8: Holden Evening Prayer
Text: Genesis 39:19-23
Theme: God works in strange places: Reflection on Joseph.
March 15: Holden Evening Prayer
Text: Ruth 1:6-18
Theme: Faithfulness creates new possibilities: Reflection on Ruth.
March 22: Holden Evening Prayer
Text: Selections from 2 Samuel 11-12
Theme: Failure isn’t fatal: Reflection on David.
March 29: Holden Evening Prayer
Text: Esther 4:10-16
Theme: The Spirit of courage leads the way: Reflection on Esther.
Saturday Service: 5:30p
Sunday Services: 8:15a + 10:45a
- Palm Procession
- Service with First Communion
Stations of the Cross
Guided Experience: 3p
- Stations of the Cross
- Guided Experience: 3p
- The Crucifixion of our Lord
- The First Celebration of Easter
Services: 8a, 9:30a, 11:15a
Easter Breakfast: 8:30-10a
- Services with Communion: 8a, 9:30a, 11:15a
- If you want to avoid the largest crowds, consider attending worship at the 8a service.
- Easter Breakfast served from 8:30-10a